Pine Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
Location: Calgary, AB
The Pine Creek facility produces high quality of treated effluent and uses a state-of-the-art filtration system to remove a greater number of impurities. Advanced measures were also taken to minimize odour, and methane gas is harnessed to provide heat for the buildings.
Graham’s involvement in the construction of the Pine Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant included eight different contracts:
- Secondary Treatment Area.
- Operations, Maintenance and Administration Building.
- Advanced Canadian Wastewater Assets Research Lab.
- Power Generation and Heating Building for the facility.
- Primary Clarifiers, Blowers, Dissolved Air Floatation (DAF) and Odour Control.
- Influent Pump Station and Headworks.
- Solids and Gas handling facilities.
- Gatehouse and Garbage Enclosure.
Graham self-performed all concrete work and portions of the gabion work. In addition, Graham developed and executed the plant start-up plan.
This project has been awarded several awards including two Consulting Engineers of Alberta Awards of Excellence for sustainable design and project management. It also won the Alberta Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists Association Summit Award for Project Achievement. And the Operations, Maintenance and Administration building achieved LEED® Gold certification.
$303M CAD (over eight contracts)
CH2M Hill Canada Ltd
City of Calgary